[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Welbeck | Match Performance Thread

Moderator SEA Icon
    Welbeck looking ahead to big games - Official Manchester United Website

After accounting for Norwich with his third goal of the week at Old Trafford, Danny Welbeck is setting his sights on some huge matches on the horizon.

The England international came off the bench to grab a late clincher for the Reds in the 2-0 triumph on Saturday to continue his excellent form in front of goal with his fifth strike of the campaign.

Speaking to MUTV afterwards, he was asked about the upcoming clashes with Liverpool and Manchester City after the international break.

"It's a good base for us," he said of the top place in the Barclays Premier League table. "We're looking to work on that and build from there. Hopefully we'll get as many three points as possible. Every single game - week in, week out.

"I think we're all looking forward to the upcoming games, as are our fans. It's going to be a big weekend when have the derby, for the whole city as well, and we're all looking ahead to it."

Welbeck knows competition for places is fierce but he's done his prospects no harm with another valuable contribution against awkward opponents on Saturday.

"I'm delighted," he said. "I got two goals in midweek but it was a disappointing result. So I'm pleased to get the last goal today as well. It's all I can do really, if I'm on the bench and am called upon, I'm just looking to make an impact and that's what I did today.

"We were delighted to get the two goals in the end. It was frustrating but you know what to expect. We're Man United and we've a never-say-die attitude so we kept creating chances and managed to tuck a couple away."

Moderator SEA Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by g@mb!t View Post
    Couldn't fit them in a team with Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck as a front 3. the formation above will never happen but if i could i would play that lineup vs Liverpool.
    Nani and Young ahead of Chicharito on form?

Reserve Team
    The thing about Hernandez is he might not seem to be in form but just needs a moment free in the box with the ball and 9 times out of 10 he'll put it into the net. and Welbeck could be an ideal foil for him to play off.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by g@mb!t View Post
    The thing about Hernandez is he might not seem to be in form but just needs a moment free in the box with the ball and 9 times out of 10 he'll put it into the net. and Welbeck could be an ideal foil for him to play off.
    Can't see 4312 at Anfield and leaving out two star players of the season for a player that has not hit top form.

442 or 433 is more likely.

Moderator SEA Icon
    I never want us to play 4-3-1-2 again, I think we tried it last year in the FA Cup against someone. We're not creative enough in midfield to do that either. We have to play with wingers. Chicha's been caught offside way too much this season. Welbeck is ahead of him for me right now.

Two Week Trial
    Quote Originally Posted by JSNFRMN_MUFC View Post
    I never want us to play 4-3-1-2 again, I think we tried it last year in the FA Cup against someone. We're not creative enough in midfield to do that either. We have to play with wingers. Chicha's been caught offside way too much this season. Welbeck is ahead of him for me right now.
    well said, fully agree

Reserve Team
    i agree, even i'd play Welbeck ahead of Hernandez right now in a 442 or 433.
    plus to bring on Hernandez later on in the game when Liverpool will have tired defenders on the pitch would be ideal.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Thought he did really well, he didnt have anybody creating anything behind him but he ran after every ball and put himself about and made life difficult for the opposition.

Moderator SEA Icon
    For someone his age to be doing so well upfront alone is incredible in my opinion, we've got a very good talent on our hands here. And he's a local lad.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Welbeck is arguably our best striker for playing upfront alone. Him or Rooney definitely.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    tried hard enough nobody created any chances though

Reserve Team
    Our best player yesterday, he was superb upfront, held the ball up well. gave Kompany a torrid time. bright spot in yesterday's gloom i think

Moderator SEA Icon
    One of few positives from last week. Was great on the left for us today, put in one hell of a shift.

Hot Prospect
    Irritated me deeply see him playing as winger years ago. But I liked his performance today. still not understood why Nani started on the bench.

Super Moderator On Loan

Two Week Trial
    I think maybe Macheda could do with taking some advice from Wellbeck.

Moderator SEA Icon
    This thread has been unbelievably underused recently. Cracking goal last Sunday, brilliant performance today, becoming my favourite player. Hope he's OK.

Does Not Like Nani Reserve Team
    Yeah.... the team needs Welbeck, specially when Roo is having a bad day

Hopefully he isnt too badly injured

Moderator On the Bench
    Was it a bad tackle that got him injured ?

No

Moderator SEA Icon
    Welbeck was fantastic today. His movement, touch and the tempo he plays football are all top notch. He is fast becoming first choice if he isn't already.

Super Sub
    I rate him as first choice alongside Rooney. If he's not our best centre forward after Rooney (might be Berba but not sure he's consistent enough) he definitely seems to get the best out of Nani and Valencia with his movement and pace.

Hot Prospect
    I think I'd start Welbeck even ahead of Rooney, who has been poor for quite some time bar those 4 games last month. He does well when Valencia and Welbeck are on form and his passing and decision making were again poor yesterday. Don't get me wrong. I'd still start him. but I'd start Welbeck ahead of him given a preference

Hot Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishManc. View Post
    Was it a bad tackle that got him injured ?
    SAF said it's just a twist in his knee and should be okay for Arsenal game. Welbeck had Osgood-Schlatter disease as a youngster, so his knees aren't good to begin with.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast