[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Welbeck | Match Performance Thread

Moderator SEA Icon

Danny Welbeck | Match Performance Thread

According to The Telegraph, Welbeck has been told he will not be leaving United this season. Will be interesting to see howe we will rotate all the strikers.

Two Week Trial
    Good. I really wouldn't want us to let go of Danny - he was impressive at Sunderland last season and, although he'll be behind Chicho, Rooney, Berba and Owen, we'll obviously be playing in four competitions so plenty of games to do well.

New Contract
    It will be interesting to see how things pan out squad wise because as it stand there are a lot of strikers (Rooney, Chicharito, Berbatov, Owen, Macheda, Diouf, Welbeck) and game time for a few will be very limited this season. Fergie might use Welbeck on the wings from time to time. He is very talented and to be honest I thought Sunderland would have made a bid for him.

Reserve Team
    He might get a good few games this season- least i hope so.

Moderator SEA Icon
    I can see Macheda and Diouf going on loan... more so Diouf as he has to be registered and I don't see the point in registering him if he's not going to play much, better off having that space filled by a backup full back or midfielder. I like Diouf but he's not going to get much games with the Strikers we have in our squad.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Interesting subject matter. Owen signing a contract extension has thrown a curve ball into the mix. The Premier League's leading goalscorer struggled to earn game time so those on the fringe will struggle. A loan move in January is an idea once Carling Cup and group games in Champions League have taken place but that maybe unsatisfactory for Welbeck, Macheda and Diouf.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Bolton Keen On Welbeck Loan

Skysports.com understands that Bolton are interested in signing young Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck on loan this season.
    The 20-year-old is one of six frontmen at Sir Alex Ferguson's disposal at Old Trafford, having returned from a season-long loan stint at Sunderland last term.

Welbeck has hinted he is keen to break into the manager's first-team plans at United after spending most of his career away from the club.
    But Ferguson has already indicated that he might struggle to keep his entire strike-force happy, with last season's first-choice partnership Wayne Rooney and Javier Hernandez expected to put Dimitar Berbatov, Michael Owen, Federico Macheda and Welbeck in the shade.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Interesting, can see Welbeck going on loan, he seems like someone who wants to play more, I think Kiko is more willing to hang around for his chances and after last night, it's sort of changed my mind on sending Kiko out on loan. One of them will need to go on loan though.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Thought he was great the other night, the best out of the U21s, looking forward to seeing him next.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Played well, has a bright future, i wasnt sure he would make it before he went too Sunderland

Moderator SEA Icon
    So much energy, great work ethic, great linkup in attack, didn't do himself any harm not only for United but for England too. Could see him and Rooney start after today.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley get new five-year deals | The Sun |Sport|Football

DANNY WELBECK and Tom Cleverley are to be rewarded with double-your-money five-year deals at Manchester United.

Old Trafford bosses were already preparing contract reviews, which would see their pay shoot to 40,000 a week, before Monday's heroics in the home win against Spurs.

Striker Welbeck, who scored one and crafted another in the 3-0 win, has little under two years remaining on his existing terms.

Both he and midfield ace Cleverley, who only signed a three-year extension last summer, are currently two of the lowest-paid in United's first-team squad.

But SunSport understands that the Red Devils plan to sit down with the players' respective camps over the next few weeks to sanction the improved terms. It will go a long way to protecting their investments and give further proof they have long-term futures at the Old Trafford club.

Welbeck, 20, and 22-year-old Cleverley's pay hikes will bring them in line with fellow rookie Chris Smalling, 21, who recently agreed terms until 2016.

Glad that he stayed after his brilliant performance against spurs; it's great to see how he's developing in to a really confident and skilled player, though the same can be said for most of united's young blood.

Does Not Like Nani Reserve Team
    Horribly sad for Welbeck and the hamstring.... hope he recovers soon.

Moderator On the Bench
    Welbeck is back in training. He could be ready for the game against Stoke.

Great news. He was in outstanding form before the injury.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Think we'll probably see Berba/Owen at Leeds, would love it if Welbeck plays though and plays well/scores after he didn't play too well against them last time.

Good to see him back

Did very well first half tired in the second but still did well. Tougher for him when Giggs went off.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Great link up, great work rate. Very good at holding the ball up. Was worried when I saw him upfront alone on the teamsheet but he did the job very well. Best lone frontman performance for United i've seen since Rooney in 09/10 I think.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Thought he should have started pre-match and he was an improvement on Chicha. Could have scored before his goal.

Fringes of First Team
    He has definitely put himself before Hernandez in the starting line up now

Moderator SEA Icon
    I just thought he would have added more in other areas today. Norwich played deep and we needed something different today. Not sure what Fergie will go with at Liverpool, i'd go with Welbeck myself.

Reserve Team
    It would be perfect if we could play Rooney Hernandez and Welbeck vs Pool. Rooney playing behind Welbeck and Hernandez.

------Hernandez----------Welbeck
    ------------------Rooney
    ------Fletcher---Carrick----Anderson

Evra-------Evans-----Rio--------Jones
    --------------DDG

Moderator SEA Icon
    No Nani or Young?

Reserve Team
    Couldn't fit them in a team with Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck as a front 3. the formation above will never happen but if i could i would play that lineup vs Liverpool.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast