[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryder Cup 2012

Ryder Cup 2012

Not far away now. Both teams taking shape. Currently the teams are:

U.S.A - Woods, Watson, Dufner, Bradley, Simpson, Z.Johnson, Kuchar, Mickelson (plus 4 captain picks)

Europe - McIlroy, Donald, Rose, Westwood, McDowell, P.Hanson, F.Molinari, Lawrie, Kaymer, Poulter (plus 2 captain picks)

Forgot this was on this year. Won't be able to see as much of this with it being on at night here mostly I think although i'm not to sure what time it'll be on here. Any ideas?

I think Chicago is on Central Time which is 6 hours behind us at the moment. That would make morning tee times about 1pm here and afternoon tee times 6 or 7 pm. Doubt any of the play will go past midnight here.

Yeah the times shouldn't be too bad unless there are weather delays or other occurrences.

Garcia has worked his way into Europe's team at the expense of Poulter. Poulter will definitely be a captain pick though. The other pick will probably be between Harrington and Colsaerts but due to his experience and recent form Harrington should get it.

Colsaerts and Poulter the two picks. Colsaerts has had a good couple of years on the European Tour but he hasn't done much in the majors - Harrington the opposite really. When it counts Harrington delivers and I'm not being biased here but I do feel he'd have been the better pick. Time will tell.

Surprised Rickie Fowler wasn't picked. Hasn't had a great year but he did well at the last Ryder Cup and is another who generally performs well in the big events.

McIlroy with another win at the weekend in the Deutsche Bank which is a big event on the tour, in a rich vein of form at the minute. Looking at some of the possible pairings - McIlroy/McDowell, Westwood/Kaymer, Donald/Rose, Garcia/Poulter.... Very strong.

Starting tomorrow at 12:30 I think. McIlroy and McDowell are out first v Furyk & Snedeker in the foursomes.

Furyk/Snedeker v McIlroy/McDowell
    Mickelson/Bradley v Donald/García
    Dufner/Z.Johnson v Westwood/Molinari
    Stricker/Woods v Poulter/Rose

All four European pairings are one up so far. Started back in college on Monday and have a busy enough day to day so I'm missing it unfortunately.

The last Ryder Cup, I missed the college bus (not on purpose) on the last day so I got to see it. Was brilliant.

Yeah that was some final day alright.

Struggling in the fourballs, possible we might be 4 down at the end of todays play.

Have to say Colsaerts has proved me wrong so far. He's been fantastic, his putting has been exceptional. Kaymer has been very poor, as has Westwood. Not sure if either has made a birdie.

Take a bow Nicolas Colsaerts. Saved us being 4 down after Day 1 there.

Yeah single handedly kept us in it, proved to be an inspired pick. Europe need a big day tomorrow.

Poulter pulled us out a hole there. Still got an outside chance.

Need to win the singles 9-3 to draw. Massive ask but hopefully we can run the yanks close as it'll make for a great day of golf.

I thought it was 8-4 to draw and retain, 9-3 to win outright?

Yeah sorry my maths deserted me. A 8 1/2-3 1/2 would win it outright I think.

McIlroy arrive 10 minutes before tee time.

Europe have made a good start but are still poised to lose 15 1/2-12 1/2. Donald 4 up, Lawrie 3 up, McIlroy 2 up. The other games are finely balanced at the moment, going to be an exciting finish.

Luke Donald won the first point of the day making it 10-7. Poulter is A/S with Simpson with 3 holes to play. A lot of games all square, finely balanced.

McIlroy, Lawrie and Poulter all add points for Europe. 10-10

Justin Rose sinks a magnificent putt to go A/S with Mickelson with 1 to play.