[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rugby Championship

Rugby Championship

Saturday 18th August
    Australia v New Zealand @ 10:30
    South Africa v Argentina @ 15:30

Been looking forward to this, not sure whether to go for Oz-NZ or the U21s game at the moment though.

The beauty of sky plus, will be recording the rugby I think. Missing the South Africa game anyway so I'll definitely record that. Will be interesting to see how Argentina do in these tests. Their home games will be good to watch.

Probably watch the U21's on telly and steam the rugby on the laptop. Should be interesting game, both sides are missing big players but NZ should have too much in the forwards especially with James Horwill missing. Think South Africa will put quite a few past Argentina but yeah they'll be stronger at home.

I only fancy Argentina to beat SA at home. Maybe Aus at a push. Think i'm gonna watch U21s, heard Fletch is playing.

Big try for Austalia just before half time. NZ have been clinical but if Australia get the first try in the 2nd half it's game on.

NZ not at their best but still had too much.

Didn't see it, heard Aus weren't particularly good. Sounds like Nonu and Sonny Bill were pretty good and Dagg.

Australia struggled, outclassed in the forwards and need to get Coopers star quality back. Nonu and SBW were decent but I think they're pretty similar, missed Conrad Smith a bit. When is Dagg not good haha?

Wonderful player isn't he? Only seen him a few times but so impressed.

Hadn't paid much attention to him before I went to New Zealand last year, guess I presumed Muliaina would carry on for ever, but everyone at the rugby club there was raving about him. Watched him a fair bit now and has been outstanding everytime.

As expected South Africa battered Argentina 27-6.

Bismarck Du Plessis out for 7-8 months with a knee injury. Big blow.

Yeah big blow. Wonder who their back up is. Strauss or Chilliboy?

Chilliboy injured. So Strauss. 2 uncapped hookers called up, Craig Burden and Tiaan Liebenberg.

Think I've seen Liebenberg play for the Stormers? Looked solid, decent ball carrier.

Earlier start tomorrow. NZ - Aus @ 8:30. Better be worth it. No Pocock for Australia. Gonna be real tough for Aus without Pocock and if Cooper defends at 10, they're in big trouble, SBW and Nonu will destroy. Has Cooper even played much recently? I heard Beale made a few mistakes last week but throwing Cooper in sounds a big risk. Aus got no big ball carrier in the centre. I'm going for NZ by 20 could be more if they really turn it on.

New Zealand: 15 Israel Dagg, 14 Cory Jane, 13 Ma'a Nonu, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 11 Hosea Gear, 10 Daniel Carter, 9 Aaron Smith, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw (c), 6 Liam Messam, 5 Samuel Whitelock, 4 Luke Romano, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Wyatt Crockett.
    Replacements: 16 Andrew Hore, 17 Ben Franks, 18 Brodie Retallick, 19 Victor Vito, 20 Piri Weepu, 21 Aaron Cruden, 22 Ben Smith.

Australia: 15 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 14 Drew Mitchell, 13 Rob Horne, 12 Berrick Barnes, 11 Digby Ioane, 10 Quade Cooper, 9 Will Genia (c), 8 Scott Higginbotham, 7 Michael Hooper, 6 Dave Dennis, 5 Nathan Sharpe, 4 Sitaleki Timani, 3 Ben Alexander, 2 Tatafu Polota Nau, 1 Benn Robinson.
    Replacements: tbc

Yeah Coopers been injured pretty much the entire season, didn't score a point all season although I think that was due to Michael Harris taking over kicking duties.

22-0 to New Zealand. Not far off my prediction, NZ didn't even play that well. Sonny Bill, Israel Dagg, Kieran Read my faves. Gonna miss Sonny Bill from Rugby Union.

Argentina 16 v South Africa 16 - Full Time.

Thought Argentina had a chance of winning this and would be their only win. Suppose it's a good result really. Think they'll fancy their chances at home to Australia on today's evidence.

Haven't seen much of this so far, might get up for New Zealand - South Africa on Saturday. Surprised New Zealand didn't rack up a bigger score at home to Argentina last time around.

Saffers should of beat New Zealand, missed loads of penalties. Only caught a bit of the Australia game but they were apparently quite lucky to beat Argentina.

Argentina were 13 points up with around 20 minutes left. Blew it really, Ioane's try was soft. Good to see they're putting in these kind of performances though. I expected them to struggle this year and improve as the years go on but they've done well.

Aus have come back from 13 points down 2 weeks in a row now.

Is it an advantage to Argentina that they're more fresh than the other 3 countries who are at the end of their seasons?

Yeah could well be a factor although they deserve a lot of credit for their performances so far. They've not looked out of their depth at any point which surprised me. Even their fairly heavy defeat against NZ was very close at half time.

Suppose it is after a few games but probably a disadvantage early on in the competition as the southern hemisphere sides were going into these games match fit. I'd say the southern hemisphere sides will tire more as the competition goes on so I'd say freshness will be an advantage more so in the next few games.