[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Lance Armstrong

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion

Super Sub
    Wow I'm shocked..... reporters have been accusing him of it for years just took the authorities ages to get the evidence. Doping seems like it's endemic in cycling.

Moderator On the Bench
    Yeah as somebody put it, cycling is so demanding, most cyclists are on some form of doping. Whether Armstrong is guilty or not he's still a freak of an athlete. His lung capacity, muscle recovery and so on is far from normal. It's not an excuse but I'd be interested to know how many cyclists have been clean all throughout their career.

Super Sub
    Judging by the number who have been caught very few would be my guess. Cycling is riddled with it.

Does Not Like Nani Reserve Team
    Sorry... but the word of drug cheats cannot be taken seriously.... including some who have traded 'quiet retirements' over bans in return for testimonies.... Armstrong has NEVER had a positive drug test in his career... Armstrong has only today given up his fight as the he's realised that after ten years of fighting the lies, he's never going to beat a corrupt governing body.

Until the USADA, who, by the way, haven't got a single shred of authority to remove french titles from a rider, grow balls and produce actual proof (not tainted 'testimonies'), he will still be the 7 times winner in my opinion.

All today i've seen people say it's impossible that he can beat cancer and win the titles without doping... but for me, impossible is possible... it was impossible that i'd live when i was born, i clearly have... it was impossible that i'd be anything by a severely mentally disabled person... I may be a little zany, but i'm not in anyway what they said i'd be... and i've had eminent medical professors state it's impossible for me to walk... and i do... daily.

Super Sub
    Sounds pretty damning. Shame that an athlete who has been held up as one of the greatest of all time seems to have been a cheat. Sadly I have little doubt the people he was riding against were doping as well, does that make it a level playing field?

Banned Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Sounds pretty damning. Shame that an athlete who has been held up as one of the greatest of all time seems to have been a cheat. Sadly I have little doubt the people he was riding against were doping as well, does that make it a level playing field?
    no not by what I understand of it. His team-mates which are very important in tactical road racing were also epo and steroid cheats. Armstrong invested a lot of time and energy into drug use. his 'marginal gains' were in that area. Plus, the level of doping has dropped. Look at the times and the way people race in the TdF now. Much slower than it was 10 years ago. How many other sports have gone backwards in the last 10 years?

Banned Trainee
    It's his continued defence that annoys me - that and his ridculous lawyer going on about lie detectors. could comeback to bite them. If Armstrong did fail a lie detctor which his lawyer advocated than I think even armstrong's strongest fans may have to concede that he was a cheat.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion

UCI have no balls....

Super Sub
    What do you mean?

There are at least two flaws in the investigation that makes it very suspect... one is the personal feud between Armstrong and Tygart that has been going on for longer (i believe) than the latter's witch hunt... the other is the reports of deals being made with drug cheats for statements in return for their punishments being quietly dropped...

the UCI should have announced their own independent investigation before announcing this... in effect they've seen the opportunity to have a visual 'win against the drug cheats' when in fact there's enough out there to make the Tygart claims rather.... suspect.

Road Cycling has been destroyed by this, I've seen a hell of a lot of people commenting that they're not going to be bothering with following it anymore.

Academy Youngster
    Look at the brighter side guys. Now we all have as many Tour de France medals as Lance!

So... He's said sorry... Now when are the UCI and USADA going to admit that they completely failed in their job for years in catching him and I have to wonder just how many other sportsmen/women got away with cheating in the US due to the incompetency of the USADA?

I also wonder what made him 'come clean' now?