[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Kauto Star

Moderator On the Bench

Kauto Star

Fucking beaut. Won me 300 today and plenty more over the years. Incredible achievement today considering his age and the copetition in the race - Long Run, Sommersby, Master Minded.... Incredible. Now for the Gold Cup...

Moderator SEA Icon
    I listened to a discussion about Kauto Star on Christmas Eve. They said people didn't expect the horse to win, that people wouldn't mind if he came in 5th as long as people had seen the horse race one last time. It's astonishing Kauto Star won.

How much money has the horse earned for the owner?

Moderator On the Bench
    Yeah few expected him to win but the fact he won the last day against a similar field, which was definitely a shock, people started to wonder could he do it again. If he wins the Gold Cup it will certainly go down as one of the greatest achievements in racing history.

God I'd say he's won some amount of money for him at this stage. The credit has to go to Nicholls, incredible trainer - Big Bucks was setting the records only a few weeks ago and now Kauto. There's a few really good young horses coming through in Nicholls yard at the moment aswell so the tide doesn't look like changing.

Moderator On the Bench
    Had a 'terrible fall' yesterday so is now rated 50/50 for the festival. Wouldn't be the same if Kauto wasn't there.

Moderator On the Bench
    If Kauto wins tomorrow it will be incredible. Don't have any money on it, mainly due to barely having any left after the past couple of days, but also because it's such a tough one to call. Everything points towards Long Run but you can't back against Kauto.

Super Sub
    Will possibly make him the greatest jump horse of all time if he wins, at least since Arkle.... Sceptical that he will but wouldn't rule him out, would put a few quid on him as well but I'm skint.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Hope Kauto Star wins.

Moderator On the Bench
    Such a shame but it was right for Kauto to be pulled up. The way he was jumping it was the safest option. Fantastic career, lots of great memories.

Super Sub
    Kauto Star retired as Paul Nicholls declares 'the end of an era' | Sport | guardian.co.uk

Kauto Star has officially been retired. Won me many a pound coin, shame to see him go.

Moderator On the Bench
    Right decision.