[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Froch destroyed Yusaf Mack in 3 rounds.

Think Froch has said he will fight 3 more times before he retires, would like to see him to take on Kessler next to try and avenge his controversial defeat to him in the Super 6 tournament. If he comes through that and maybe another fight (Abraham who holds the WBO belt?) would be good if he could beat Andre Ward in his finale and avenge his other loss and possible unify the division.

Hope Flintoff wins tonight. I have little problem with him being a former cricketer turned proffesional boxer. He seems to be taking the opportunity seriously. Fair play to him for having the courage to step into a boxing ring.

Gonna miss it but good luck to him. You only have to see how much weight he's lost to see that he's taking it seriously, probably the best shape he's ever been in.

I watched 'From Lords To The Ring' last night and I was staggered by how much weight he's lost. He admitted that he hasn't weighed so little since he was 17.

That was bloody awful

What happened did he win/loose.

Haha yeah terrible. He won on points.

Wasn't pretty, but he did well. He should be proud of himself.

Well he won so yeah he should be proud, don't think he should get in the ring again though. If he comes up against a boxer who actually throws more than one punch he'll get hurt.

The result was immaterial really. He should be proud of hinself for attempting a new sport, getting fit, showing dedication, having courage etc. I agree, I doubt he'll fight again.

Great punch that. Was a good fight both fighters were trying to knock each other out from round 1. Not sure whether Pacquiao will continue boxing now, a fight with Mayweather is miles away and he's more interested in politics and religion.

Brilliant. Should be a cracking fight.

Cracking fight between Matthews and Crolla. Thought Crolla nicked the fight.

Mayweather has often spoken of his desire to box over here so a bout with Khan is very plausible. However, I see it as an easy fight for Floyd. Khan has good handspeed and decent pop but his defensive frailties would be picked apart by Mayweather.

How do you think Kell Brook would fare against Mayweather?

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    How do you think Kell Brook would fare against Mayweather?
    I like Kell and enjoy watching him fight. I feel sorry for him that his big fight against Alexander has fallen through again. I hadn't tipped him to win that one though, expected it to go 12 rounds but ultimately Devon would take it on points. Mayweather is a different kettle of fish and although Kell could prove a little awkward in the early rounds, Floyd would work him out and beat him convincingly.

20 days after announcing his retirement, Audley Harrison has reversed his decision to retire.

Anyone planning to watch Froch v Kessler? Who do you think will win?