[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Fringes of First Team
    I saw it this morning. Even if nothing dodgy did take place in the discussions, it definitely does look so from the footage. Especially as he was moved at the start and there is not meant to be anyone else there during fight.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Dodgy stuff

Moderator SEA Icon
    Interesting what happens next but I just think it's sour grapes, move on with your career.

Moderator SEA Icon
    World Boxing Association and Washington Boxing Commision don't know the identity of the man.

Khan needs to have the re-match and just bet him.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Maywether's sentence has been delayed and now he's called out Pacquiao for May 5th.

Super Sub
    There's been talk on twitter that they've been in negotiations for a while, Mayweather has booked the MGM Grand for the 5th of May so we'll see. Every boxing fan wants to see it, both boxers would be morons not to want $50mill each but that's been the case in the past. Think Mayweather's more interested in it now because Pacquiao looked poor in his last fight.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Yep, and I thought Pacquiao was less than convincing against Mosley. Pacquiao comfortably won the fight but he wasn't as dominant. I think Mayweather is technically too good for Pacquiao. What do others on this forum think?

Super Sub
    Since the Mosley fight Pacquiao won a split decision against Juan Manuel Marquez. I though Marquez won it and so did a lot of other people, though it was pretty close.

I still hope Pacquiao will beat Mayweather but can't see it happening. Really hate Floyd but think he'll win, he is the taller fighter, has a much longer reach and Pacman's style suits Mayweather's perfectly. That said if there is one boxer around at the moment who could beat Mayweather it is Pacquiao.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Kell Brook is to fight Matthew Hatton on March 17. Brook will comfortably outclass Hatton.

Super Sub
    Yeah he'll batter Hatton.

I like Brook but can't see him doing much in the welterweight division atm. He's right in the middle of the most competitive divisions in boxing, far too many top class fighters in and near to welterweight. Mayweather, Pacquiao, Ortiz, Cotto (might have moved up to middleweight) Khan will probably move up after a rematch with Peterson, Márquez, Saúl Álvarez could move down once he's finished with the Middleweights.

Super Sub
    Looks like Mayweather vs Pacquiao could go ahead this summer!

BBC Sport - Manny Pacquiao accepts Floyd Mayweather's latest challenge

Moderator SEA Icon
    Mayweather is fighting Cotto on 5th May. Seriously disappointed by this news.

Super Sub
    Yep looks like the fight everyone wants to see is never going to happen...... Oh well suppose I'll have to console my watching Leonard-Hearns and Ward-Gatti I =]

Moderator SEA Icon
    Sad to hear about the death of Angeli Dundee.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Chisora has slapped Klitschko during the weigh in. Might not be the smartest thing for Del Boy to do!

Super Sub

Pretty hefty slap haha. R.I.P Del Boy.

Edit: Here's a longer one

Moderator SEA Icon
    that is one hell of a slap.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Fair play to Chisora, he showed far more bottle than Haye. I thought the scores were wrong. Chisora surely took more than one and two rounds.

Super Sub
    To be fair Wladimir is a better boxer than Vitali nowadays, quicker round the ring and faster reactions, age has caught up with Vitali. Think Haye would have a good shot against Vitali if the fight could happen.

Chisora did well, still got nowhere near winning the fight though. Was too inactive, only threw in bunches and let Klitschko set the pace in most of the rounds but that's to be expected with Vitali's reach advantage. I don't think there can be too many complaints with the scoring, Chisora won 3 rounds in my book and split 2. Vitali was a fairly clear winner even if the judges as per normal were homers, Chisora probably got what he deserved with his behaviour throughout the whole thing.

Fringes of First Team
    I agree Sideshow Bob. Good fight to watch.

Fringes of First Team
    Chisora - also had Old school United shirt on at the start

Moderator SEA Icon
    I agree Klitschko won the fight, I do think Chisora won at least three rounds. I think he deserves credit for making Vit look a 40 year old boxer, not many recent boxers have made him look his age. If the heavyweight division was stronger Vit may have retired a couple of years ago. Haye will be fancying his chances, if Vit is unable to use his jab Haye can get in and out quickly, though Haye will not look to pressure like Chisora which slowed down Vit.

It's a pity Chisora wasn't in the same conditioning for the Fury fight.

Super Sub
    Yeah spot on I'm certain Chisora would have won that fight if he had shown the same attitude. He's got the potential to be one of the heavyweights competing for titles when the Klitschko's finally call if quits but to be perfectly honest that's not the biggest tribute to him due to the state of the heavyweight division at the moment. I agree he did himself proud inside the ring after the first bell but let himself down again before it.

I'm sure Haye will fancy his chances against Vitali but I'm still not sure he'll have enough to beat him. I don't know why he didn't use his jab much tonight as it would have made the fight a lot more comfortable for him, but against Haye I think it'll be the main part of his tactics. Haye was made virtually redundant by Wladamir's jab and Vitali's is usually just as effective. He might be 40 but Vitali is still a very good fighter, up there with Lennox Lewis as probably the best heavyweight since Tyson. Haye will have to have the best fight of his career to trouble him.

Apparently Haye's got himself in a fight with Chisora during the post fight press conference haha. Some people never learn....

Moderator SEA Icon
    Yep, both fighting - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17088021

We have our next major British fight. This incident may have ruined the chance for Haye to fight Klitschko.

Super Sub
    Not sure I really want to see Chisora-Haye. As well as Chisora did last night Haye's a different level to him imo.

I think the pair of them are a disgrace to British boxing, behaving like tossers was always the Americans forte, seems like a couple of ours have taken the crown. The Klitschko's have remained dignified despite getting abused through out their bouts, run their own charities and are UNESCO ambassadors, Haye can't even watch a fight without sparking a mass brawl. Instead of abusing them they should maybe show the Klitschko's a bit of respect, maybe even emulate them a little bit, who knows they might actually be able to beat them if they do.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast