[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing Thread

Moderator SEA Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by JSNFRMN_MUFC View Post
    4 inches shorter, reach is smaller. Haye is a cruiserweight who stepped up and has made the heavyweight division interesting again to be honest, there hasn't been as much interest in Heavyweight boxing for 10 years until last night, Lennox, Tyson, Holyfield was the last time the division was interesting. Klitcshko is a big heavyweight, he had a chance but Klitschko's tactics were spot on. Haye couldn't get near him as Klitschko was throwing jabs at him every second. Just too small for him. Size matters.
    Correct.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Sky sports news has just shown an interview with Haye sometime after the fight, not exactly sure when. He is still using the broken toe as an excuse which makes my post about football managers and emotions being high irrelevant.

After a loss boxers are very good at convincing themselves the loss wasn't their fault.

Reserve Team
    Isn't Haye due to retire in October?

Moderator SEA Icon
    Wlad did his talking in the ring and now he can mock.

Moderator On the Bench
    Anyone follow Haye on twitter ? If not then don't bother starting to... he was posting jokes about his toe all day yesterday..

Bye bye my Brazilian love... SEA Legend
    Hatton retires

No matter what he said in the past his weight between fights held him back a bit. Ive never seen Mayweather or Paqioiuioo put on as much weight. He gave it all in the ring though against the top fighters unlike Haye.

Moderator SEA Icon
    I thought he'd already retired until I read about this, this morning.

Beating Kostya Tszyu was his best moment. Agree that what he did between fights held him back but that's one of the things I liked about him. He didn't give a f**k. The only thing I don't like about him is that he's a blue. Probably should have retired after the Mayweather fight, he embarrassed himself against the Pacman.

Moderator SEA Icon
    I watched Chisora-Fury during the United game, anyone else watch? Was a good fight, Fury won the fight by 6 rounds in my opinion. Can't believe he's only 22, looks about 30.

I kept one eye on it, i cant blieve he's 22 either. Possible fight with Klitschko next?

Moderator SEA Icon
    I don't think he's ready for it, I think he could do with a few more fights before stepping up for the big test.

Glad mayweather won will have to watch it no way was i going to stay up that late

Moderator SEA Icon

Tyson Fury just won, decent fight.

Moderator SEA Icon
    What was the fight about in the crowd?

Was wondering the same thing

The Fight of Our Lives programme on itv was pretty good. Khan v Peterson tonight.

Moderator SEA Icon
    I had no idea about Gerald McClellan. Brilliant documentary.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Might try and get a stream on. Not really a fan of Froch, I like this weight division though. Froch shouldn't even be in the final as Kessler beat him but had to pull out of the tournament because of an eye injury. I was surprised when Ward beat Kessler. I fancy Ward tonight.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Yes, definitely will be watching. Might watch Raging Bull in preparation.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Good fight. Ward outclassed him and looks like a special talent. Froch can go home proud I think, he did very well. Ward too quick for him and just better. No shame though. Will have to look out for Ward's fights in future. In a time where Heavyweight boxing is poor and Mayweather & Pacquiao won't fight, this division is very exciting.

Super Sub
    Mayweather sentenced to 90 days in jail from 6th of Jan. Reduces the amount of time he'll have to prepare for his next fight on 5th of May. Fingers crossed its against Pacquiao!

Moderator SEA Icon
    Mayweather and Pacquiao has to happen - there's too much money at stake for it not to happen.

Super Sub
    Rumours are at the moment that its likely to happen on 5th of May. Less likely now Moneybags is going to jail but its still odds on for the two of them to fight before the end of next year. As you said too much money on the line and both fighters want to prove their the best. I've been looking forward to this potential fight for years and if it doesn't happen I'll be gutted. Media seem to think there's a good chance however you never know with these two.

End of the day for the last couple of years the vanity of these two fighters have ruled out a fight, there's always a chance that it could continue, even with $50million on the table.

Moderator SEA Icon
    I think Mayweather has been encouraged by Pacquiao's last two fights. Manny's least impressive recent showings have come against technical, savvy and similarities in speed. His best showings have come against slow, little head movement, plough forward boxers where Manny can pick them off. I think he struggles against counter punchers. Mayweather wins for my money, if they ever fight.

Super Sub
    BBC Sport - Amir Khan alleges ringside 'interference' during defeat

Don't know if anyone's seen this on SSN but it looks incredibly dodgy. I thought Khan had won by a point or two but didn't really agree with the fuss he'd kicked up over it till tonight.

Wouldn't get this in any other sport, boxing makes FIFA look squeaky clean.