[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Nigel Adkins sacked

Nigel Adkins sacked

Southampton have sacked Nigel Adkins with his successor Maurico Pochettino.

Completely baffled by the decision to sack Adkins. Draws against Chelsea and Arsenal in their last three league games and in their last 12 games they have secured 18 points from a possible 36 points.

Time will tell whether Southampton's board have made the correct decision.

Fergie on Adkins sacking: "There's no point in saying we're surprised because it's a crazy world and strange things happen in football. But it does seem very unfair."

Following Di Matteo and Sean O'Driscoll these surprising sackings are happening too often.

Ridiculous indeed taken them from league one to the premier league without spending huge sums (they've been well backed through the leagues and spent big in the summer).

I hope he got a massive pay off and he should find work easily after the great job he's done.

I know the owners have got money and it sounds to me that they want a manager who could possibly attract bigger names either through his own reputation or his agent contacts. Are they hoping this new guy can bring some players with him in this transfer window?

Based on the performance of the team this season I don't see how you can sack a manager who's taken 4 points from the last 2 games winning at Villa and coming back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Chelsea.

Now there is an argument to say that if you want to change the manager you shouldn't wait for the results to turn before doing it you make the call once you've made the decision if you wait an extra 2 or 3 games to sack him you obviously aren't 100% sure you want to do it.

Pochettino has no real experience he's been a manger for 3 or 4 seasons he got sacked by Espanyol recently as well so it just doesn't make sense.

One of the problems with foreign owners is they often get involved in clubs through the work of agents who have got them into a club they trust these guys and once the agent has a link to the owner he can start to influence policy and get his clients into the club.