[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joshua King

Joshua King

Agreed a new 2 year contract

A loan deal is likely next season. Do we think he is capable of playing Premier League football? If so, what club is an ideal destination? Bolton? Wigan?

Too early for a PL loan, I remember Darren Ferguson mentioning that it was too early for Joshua to be playing in the Championship but he was the only quick striker he could find at the time, so got him.

I think loan to Championship again might be on the cards, or maybe to Fergie Jr again?

Borussia Mönchengladbach sign Manchester United's Joshua King on a loan deal (+ option to sign him permanently), according to "Bild".

No way would fergie let King go?! thought he rated him very high?

Gladbach's sporting director confirmed the signing of Manchester United's Joshua King on a one-year loan deal.

Wow!! huge move for King!are Gladbach still in the Bundesliga or have they been relegated?

King's agent has apparently said it isn't a done deal yet and there is no buy option.

"SAF wants King to pick up match practice at Gladbach, according to their website. He also called again to congratulate them for staying up."

Good challenge to King to play in the Bundesliga if it happens

Hopefully this goes well for him, anything better than the Macheda loan. Joshua has got great talent, hope he can realise his potential and improve in Germany.

Always good to have an added interest in other leagues. Was meaning to watch Dortmund all season as I heard good things about them, some of their players look likely to leave this summer now though.

If King can improve his finishing he'll be a great striker, He's technically brilliant, can dribble, lots of pace. either he'll become a striker or a winger. But his crossing is worse than his finishing!

Just needs to be more clinical and consistent in front of goal. Don't see him as a winger in the future at all.

Gladbach will make a decision about the signing (loan) of Man United's Joshua King in August, because the player will undergo surgery now.

dan_bu Something with his adductors. No idea how serious, but deal still possible, if he recovers quickly.

Joshua King underwent surgery last Tuesday. Gladbach confirmed he could possibly play again in 4 weeks. Still interested in loan.

dan_bu: Gladbach confirm the signing of Man Utd's Joshua King on a 1-year loan deal. Medical in next few days. He´ll join the team on Aug 1st.

He seems to be held in high regard. He was at Preston for a bit last season and I saw him a few times but failed to stand out for me. You never know though, he's got blistering pace and could be a welcome addition to our first-team attacking arsenal.

King has been called up to the Norway squad for their fixtures against Iceland and Slovenia.

He's started the season alright. Not convinced he's an internationbal standard footballer although Norway ain't the strongest. His pace will worry anyone though.

Will probably play as a winger.

Looks like King might leave in the winter.
    "I've set Christmas as a deadline. If i haven't played more by then I will consider leaving United. I'd like to continue in England but if I return to Norway, Molde is the only option. The feedback's more positive than during preseason, but if I'm not with the 1st team, there's no point for me hanging around. I'm not at just any other club. If I don't make it here it's not the end of the world. Molde has been mentioned, but I have promised myself to only focus on United now. I'm not the person who gives up."

Hard to see him having a career at United. His touch isn't what it should be and his finishing can be erratic. Should forge a decent career elsewhere.

Agree. Thought there was a big chance a few years ago before his injury but seems unlikely to make it now.

King's come on for Norway vs Iceland. Scored but he was offside (some say he wasn't). Just hit the bar. Sounds like he's done well.