[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale

Gareth Bale

Gareth Bale is on his way to becoming a top footballer for my money. Last season he shouldn't have won the PFA Players' Player of the Year on the back of a handful, albeit stunning showings. This season he has been very good, easily better than last season - he's added consistency contributing regularly. He was unstoppable last night - his second goal was class, particularly the finish.

Yeah would agree he's been more consistent this season. Still think he gets bummed by the media when there are other players who are at the very least just as effective (Nani!), but he's finally starting to consistently justify his praise.

Be interesting to see how long he stays at Spurs for, or if he leaves at all. They've done well so far this season but I can't see them consistently challenging for the title and European trophy's unless they invest heavily. They also have the 100k wage limit Levy introduced (possible they might break it to keep Bale and Modric) which might give Bale doubts about signing another contract when most likely he could get at least 50k extra at most other top teams.

He's added a lot more to his game now, he isn't just a left wing speed merchant he can play on the right, come inside aswell where he used to be nulified. I wish we had him Bale On the left Nani on the right People were quite harsh on him after he dropped form at the end of last season.

I wouldn't call him World Class as some have but he seems to be on the right track. He's still very young at 22. Just hope he can play like this for Wales now as he has been doing in the last few Wales games.

Gareth Bale: Tottenham future may depend on reaching Champions League | Football | guardian.co.uk

Has said he'll consider his future if Spurs fair to finish in the Champions League places.

He'll go to City

I don't like reading those sort of comments from a footballer. Having said that, a club will sell when a player is past their usefulness. A lack of loyalty can exist from both player and club.

Possible left back for us or would he be wasted in defence now? Alba is rumoured to have signed for Barcelona, so City are probably favourites to sign him. I wouldn't mind seeing Bale at left back for us, granted the defensive side of his game needs working on but he's still young enough to improve.

Banned
    Hope not!

Bale's fee would probably be in the region of 40m. Can't see us spending that amount on him.

Yeah there's no chance of us spending half that much on a left back and we don't need a left winger.

Bale has signed a new four year contract with Spurs.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spur...-27062012.page

On signing his new deal, Gareth said: “I’ve been here for five years now and I’ve enjoyed every minute. The fans have been great to me and I’d love to re-pay them and do the very best for them. The Club is progressing and I want to be a part of that, so it was great to get the deal done.

"I love the Club and the fans and I want to play my part in trying to get us back into the Champions League - where we belong. We’ve a good, young squad and we need to work together to get back on the biggest stage again."

The artist formly known as Geoff and Mike33
    Just on Bale there was a few United blogs and forums having a go off him for this celebration when he ran towards United fans in one corner of Old Trafford and was gesturing towards them.

Didn't go down too well amongst home support i believe. That's what the fans were saying last week in that section of the ground.

What was Bale's gesture?

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    What was Bale's gesture?
    Not sure SB, he did that gesture to the crowd were he puts his fingers and thumbs together (i.e i've scored a goal), but apparently he was mouthing something to the United support, the camera went off him to show the replay, but he continued to rile people up in that corner afterwards.

As i say, didn't go down at well at the time, it was mentioned/ refered to on a lot of United forums/ blogs/ sites etc. Bale was basically being a c**t.

Opposition player scores at Old Trafford and proceeds to give United fans a bit of stick. Big deal. We love it when one of our own does the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Opposition player scores at Old Trafford and proceeds to give United fans a bit of stick. Big deal. We love it when one of our own does the same.
    Other United sites and forums reported it. Not my opinion.

Don't shoot the messenger! (By the way i agree with you SB )

Fergie on Bale and Giggs comparison: "I think Bale's a good player, yes. Giggs at 23... I don't think there was anyone better. It's difficult to say. They're different types of players, even though they're both left-footed and both play on the left."

Difference is Giggs doesn't go to ground as easy as Bale.

It's hard to compare because at 23 Giggs was playing in the best side in the country.

I often think with Bale that their is way to much hype over him he's a good player but Spurs obviously are talking him up because they will eventually sell him and they want to max out the price.

For me he hasn't proven on a consistent basis how good he is to justify the sort of numbers Spurs want which is meant to be 50m minimum there are only 4 players who've broken the 50m barrier and 2 of them were Ballon D'or winners (Kaka & Ronaldo ), the other Ibrahimovic had dominated Seria A for 5 years and the other is Torres.

My concern with Bale is that he had that one break out performance in the Champs League vs a poor Inter side who were sinking under Rafa for a player to be valued that highly for me he needs to be standing out in Europe as well as domestic leagues and since he's not playing in European competition (do Spurs even play him in Europa League?) he's only worth half of what Spurs think he is. That said his performance against us at Old Trafford this season was impressive but the flip side is that's the first time he's actually caused us a problem historically we've struggled more with Lennon than Bale.

Some player.

Banned
    My brother calls him the new Giggs.