[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ezekiel Fryers

Ezekiel Fryers

Ezekiel Fryers thread.

The kid did okay against Leeds, although we're obviously talking early first impressions here!

Very good, shame he had to come off, has been playing well in the reserves too.

Good performance. Yeah shame he came off, especially having recovered so well from his last injury. Hope it's nothing serious.

Apparently only a bit of cramp.

Just a bit of cramp.

Very good performance. One of the youngsters i've been most impressed with this season, saw him at Llanelli and he looks very solid and comfortable. Very confident tonight too, knocking 40+ yard passes out to the right wing.

Alright that's good. Would have been a big kick in the teeth had it been a serious injury.

Was surprised Fryers started and that we completely rested Evans and Jones. With our current injuries at CB though and the fact that we've had a lot of injuries at the back for a number of years now, it's good to give our young defenders a chance. Thought we'd bring on Reece Brown and not Cole.

I was just thinking we don't really have much cover for Evra at the moment. I wouldn't really consider Evans and Fabio out and out left backs..... I know Fryers played CB against Leeds but prior to that I've only ever seen him play at left back and he did alright so potentially he could provide a bit of competition in the future which is no harm. The Carling Cup draw is kind so we should see more of him in the next game.

Evans and Fabio is plenty of cover regardless of whether they are "out and out" left backs

They are fine as cover but I can't see them ever over taking Evra. Like Evra is getting older and one day we will have to replace him.... I'm not sure Evans or Fabio are the answer personally. Blackett will eventually come through and with Fryers, they are more natural potential replacements in my opinion. Blackett certainly is anyway. I really rate him.

Fabio would be a great replacement for Evra, he's far ahead of Fryers and especially Blackett.

I wouldn't say Fabio is going to be a great replacement. He's done well at right back but I would prefer to have a naturally left footed player at left back. Of course he's ahead of Fryers and Blackett now as he's had a lot of first team experiece but Evra will be still here in 3 or 4 years time in my opinion so in that time I think Blackett will have over taken Fabio in the pecking order.

Fabio's done well when he's gotten a regular stretch of games, but always struggled to impress when played on the rare occasion. Fabio defo way ahead of Fryers to replace Evra i think

Ezekiel Fryers being tested - Official Manchester United Website

Warren Joyce has revealed the rationale behind fielding Ezekiel Fryers in three different teams already this season.

The 19-year-old made an accomplished debut in the Carling Cup against Leeds after starring for the Reserves this term and also appearing as an over-aged player in the Academy win against the Elland Road outfit.

The United staff were keen to improve Fryers' communication skills as he develops into a leader at the back.

"You are just trying to improve them and develop them in all ways," Joyce told ManUtd.com. "Talking, particularly for defenders, is another skill in terms of organisation. You need to be good at that and it put the onus on him by playing him in the Under-18s with that in mind.

"He needed to talk more and move people into positions and could practise doing that. He then carried on with that in a couple of the Reserves' games.

"To be fair to the kid, he's played a hell of a lot of games already this season - 17 or 18 full games and probably three different teams in the space of two weeks."

Although Sir Alex revealed he perhaps sees Fryers first and foremost as a left-back, Joyce feels the teenager is just as adept in the middle.

"I don't like to pigeon-hole them at this age," he stated. "He can play in both positions and we want him to develop as an all-round footballer.

"He's certainly done well in all the pre-season games at centre-half. He's only had a few games at full-back, against Rochdale maybe, but he's done really well at centre-half against teams like Shrewsbury, Morecambe and Fleetwood in the friendlies and they are all doing well this season so it's been a good test."

Looks like Zeki is being prepared for the first team??

Zeki is very quick. Have seen him caught out of position a couple of times but he moves so fast to recover. Would like to see him in a sprint off against Nani. If he is to be a Premiership left back then the likes of Nani will be his opposition.

He was caught out of position once or twice but he made up for it and ran back as quick as he could maybe with playing at centre back he's more cautious than Evra at joining in attacks.

Started off a bit dodgy as did most of the defence/team but I thought he grew into the game. Don't think it helped him with having Diouf (who is not a winger) in front of him.

Did well enough on the ball. Thought he had a few lapses in concentration at times but did well enough.

got better as the game went on. always thought he was an attacking fullback, very reluctant to get forward.

Could be also because he didn't want to get caught out of position and get himself in trouble, so playing it safe

That is brilliant, that ghost is a bugger. His legs must have been dead.

Don't understand what is going through some of our young players heads.....