[Timezone Detection]
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Balotelli is back!

Moderator SEA Icon

Balotelli is back!

What on earth was he thinking about? He's just not wired up properly is he? It's a shame he's like that, he could have been special football wise, instead he's special needs.

Hot Prospect
    Definitely, in comparsion to other players, his brain works on a different frequency, in a bad way.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Lmfao my god

Reserve Team
    Balotelli is a fucking spolit brat.

Seen it at the F.A. Cup Semi final with Rio.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Mancini has overreacted here, it's a preaseon friendly for godsakes. He has magnified the situation by replacing Balotelli. Its bad management.

Reserve Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Mancini has overreacted here, it's a preaseon friendly for godsakes. He has magnified the situation by replacing Balotelli. Its bad management.
    Sideshow Bob, you're of course entitled to your opinion but i'd disagree strongly with you. (I'm not having a go here by the way!).

How on earth has Mancini overreacted though? Balotelli is quite clearly a prima donna and an example of some young players in the game now who have a much vaunted opinion of themselves, while also being arrogant...i mean it's a question of too much money and fame etc going to Balotelli's head.

Do we think that Balotelli signed for City because of the club's history and tradition? He signed because he can buy himself flash cars etc.

Mancini has to be seen to be laying down the law otherwise he faces anarchy in the City dressing room.

Fringes of First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Sideshow Bob, you're of course entitled to your opinion but i'd disagree strongly with you. (I'm not having a go here by the way!).

How on earth has Mancini overreacted though? Balotelli is quite clearly a prima donna and an example of some young players in the game now who have a much vaunted opinion of themselves, while also being arrogant...i mean it's a question of too much money and fame etc going to Balotelli's head.

Do we think that Balotelli signed for City because of the club's history and tradition? He signed because he can buy himself flash cars etc.

Mancini has to be seen to be laying down the law otherwise he faces anarchy in the City dressing room.
    I agree with you both to some respects. Mancini was right to lay down the law however, some things should be kept to the dressing room and this should have been one of them otherwise, it just perpetuates City's image of a number of players rather than a team. I think the Tevez situation is enough for City to contend with publicly without airing the dirt of another player’s petulant behaviour. It is only a friendly and in other sports such as Tennis they often laugh and talk during exhibition matches.

Moderator SEA Icon
    I just thought the whole thing was funny. I didn't really think about the decision to take him off. I don't think there was a right or wrong way to deal with it, at the end of the day it's down to Mancini.

Reserve Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Berba_God View Post
    I agree with you both to some respects. Mancini was right to lay down the law however, some things should be kept to the dressing room and this should have been one of them otherwise, it just perpetuates City's image of a number of players rather than a team. I think the Tevez situation is enough for City to contend with publicly without airing the dirt of another player’s petulant behaviour. It is only a friendly and in other sports such as Tennis they often laugh and talk during exhibition matches.
    The thing is though Balotelli had his tantrum on the pitch, Mancini had no choice in my view. The dressing room doesn't come into it in my view because Balotelli started it publicly during the game.

Doesn't matter if it's a friendly or not no manager should have to put up with an arrogant attitude anywhere- even training.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post

I didn't think you were having a go :cool:

Public humiliation is not good management. Do you think Fergie would do the same? No me neither. Fergie has said he would never publicly criticise one of his players. Balotelli should have been replaced at half time which would have avoided a scene. The whole thing should have been dealt behind closed doors. Criticise Wenger all you want but he has a similar mantra. He and Fergie publicly stand by their players. The top managers can handle big characters and egos.

Reserve Team
    The thing is though Balotelli was publicly humiliating Mancini by doing what he did in the first place!

With TV cameras now at practically every high profile game even pre-season friendlies- Mancini can not be seen to be sitting on the bench taking stroppy behaviour from any City player because it gives people the view that Mancini can't control his players.

Believe me Fergie has done it before on the touchline- more than once over the years.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Jesus wept. How was Mancini humiliated by the back heel? The back heel has no relation to controlling players.

Fergie giving someone a bollocking from the touchline and what Mancini did are two completely different things.

Mancini has made the backheel an issue. His people skills are terrible and this is another example.

Reserve Team
    You're missing the point i'm making.

Mancini was humiliated by Balotelli's behaviour while the player was leaving the pitch, the backheel only initiated it.

It's Balotelli disrespecting his team-mates by doing what he did in the first place which has lead Mancini to have a go off him on the touchline.

I'm not referring to Fergie's bollockings. As regards Fergie he would have done exactly the same as Mancini, any manager has to do it- make sure the player knows he's in the wrong automatically.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Mancini brought it on himself.

Disrespecting team mates? The game was a pre-season friendly.

Fergie would not act in the same way. Do you remember Tevez's celebration after he scored against city? Fergie did not publicly criticise Tevez, he cleverly deflected the situation by claiming the celebration was against the media, not him. Tevez completed 90 minutes. Do you remember Ronaldo's hissy fit in the same game? When asked about it after the game Fergie's reply, "he wanted to stay on, he's in great form but I have to look at the big picture. He had an incredible performance on Tuesday at Arsenal, he ran his socks off."

It boils down to man management and people skills. The whole thing has been blown out of proportion and that is down to one person, the manager.

Reserve Team
    I respect your opinion.

We'll agree to disagree on this one!

Moderator SEA Icon
    Cool, nothing personal :cool:

Reserve Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Cool, nothing personal :cool:
    It never was! Don't worry!

Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy discussion really. I might disagree with somebody's point of view but i'd never make it personal. I respect everybody's opinons.

Hot Prospect
    Have to applaud Mancini for making that substitution right away though.

Moderator SEA Icon
    Why?

New Contract
    I don't hate Balotelli, it takes effort and I don't care about him. His "trick" was poor and his actions afterwards where even more poor. He acted like a tool when coming off but Mancini could have at least waited till half time to give him a bollocking. I'm sure City are actively trying to curb his arrogance and petulance but surely Mancini was doing the club and Balotelli no favours by pulling him off (easy now) straight away.

I don't care for City one bit but I make that comment as a general spectator. Keep up the good work City.

Bye bye my Brazilian love... Seasoned Campaigner Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion

Moderator SEA Icon
    The gift that keeps on giving.

When you've gotta go you've gotta go

Moderator SEA Icon
    To live in Mario's world for 24 hours.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast